29/08/2010

katie's 2010 catwalk reports pt 2.








 6.Minimalism- a refreshing, clean silhouette- focus on great cuts, and beautiful lines.

7. The tapered trouser, or rolled hem jean provides the perfect contrast to a mannish coat or oversized knit. Wear with a chunky cardi and lingerie top as seen at Dolce and Gabanna for that added 'Va Va Voom'. 



8. Decadance and Gold- a look i'm sure we will be seeing on the amazing Anna Dello Russo this a/w. Let the dress take centre stage with minimal accessories.
9. Skirts- a strong focus on 1950's styles at Prada, Fendi and Louis Vuitton embracing a feminine figure. Both Short & flirty, & longer lengths were also seen at Marc Jacobs, Isabel Marant, Philip Lim.


Part 2 of the catwalk reports. I hope you enjoyed the first installment featured here! Take a look through classic modern minimalist outfits - my favourites were seen at Stella McCartney, Celine, Aquascutum and Dries Van Noten, through to the most opulent maximalist creations from Balmain and Philip Lim.
Look out for part 3 coming next week! 

12 comments:

  1. Hi dear,
    I gave you the Versatile blogger award: http://livingafashionablelife.blogspot.com/2010/08/versatile-blogger-award.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey N thankyou so much- just heading there now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great trendspotting!

    www.inspirationofshhh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these picks :)

    www.cookiebyme.blogspot.com

    G.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously love it when you do posts like this !!! Thx for keeping me update with the latest trends... I'm still in Scotland and it's cold :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this post!
    ciao,
    E.
    www.neovecchiostile.it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm totally on board with long and full 50's skirts! I haven't seen any in stores yet, but you can be sure I'll be snapping on up when I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey sweety <3
    I loove your Blog. Its very nice. I follow you now. Its nice too see you on my Blog and when you follow me back, omg, that was so fucking good :D

    Love, Ayse

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a wonderful post.
    minimalism is divine.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou x a million you are all awesome.x