28/07/2010

The Divine Excess.


( In order- Jak & Jil,Mk- olsens anonymous,editorial found on chicmuse, Givenchy Fall couture 2010,Givenchy backstage makeup- style.com, Alexander McQueen RTW 2010 style.com, ceiling in Louvre Paris- own photography, Balmain rtw a/w 10- own collage, Anna Dello Russo- Jak & Jil,)


This Winter I am getting ready to indulge in the 'Divine Excess'- all things decadent- brocade, gold, beading, shimmer, lace, sheer, velvet, fur, jewel tones and probably way too much of everything. I must confess Autumn & Winter are my favourite seasons in fashion, and I can always guarantee with the Uk weather everything gets SO much wear. Unfortunately I missed last Winter while critically ill, and have spent this year fighting my way better. Indulging certainly seems the perfect focus and reward, and will allow lots of fun and creativity in dressing.    
There will be days when an understated, simple look feels just right- look out for a classic post on it's way! 








18 comments:

  1. I love A/W too I cant wait to be able to wear all of the above I find that you can be so much more creative in A/W. How gorgeous is that outfit in the first picture and I totally love Anna Dello Russo even her name is awesome xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. those pictures are amazing.. I'm gonna follow your blog!!

    xoxo
    http://shishiwaldorf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE A/W looks too!!! and your images are AMAZING!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! Autumn and winter are definitely my favorite seasons for fashion too and I love the idea of "the divine excess"

    http://glowgleamglisten.wordpress.com

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Balmain rtw leopard pieces are TO DIE FOR! (not to mention all the pieces) Great Post!! xx

    http://MaryKateOlsenDaily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Givency Fall collection and Balmain look amazing. A lovely post =)

    Love, Nicky
    at: fashion-fruitcake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg that red draping beauty is an ABSOLUTE TO DIE FOR MUST HAVE PLEASE SOMEONE SEND ME A LOTTO WIN!!!!

    a little piece of me just died

    carrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. On the one hand I'm waiting for a new pre-fall collections, because those colors are more for me, but on the other hand I love summer & can't stand cold weather. I'm a 'small person' and keeping me warm is hard thing to do : D
    still, love the photos-mix!
    xxx
    Love


    http://rigidgoddess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, the colors are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anna Della Russo is so fantastic, i love her excess !

    See U !

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the 2nd pic its awesome xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVING this
    really fabulous inspiration
    your blog is mad perfection, i'll be back for sure!
    thanks for sharing, come visit COSMICaroline!

    -cma
    COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous pictures, so luxurious.SarahD:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photos!
    Love your blog, you have the most amazing posts.
    Hope you can come look at mine!
    http://stoleninspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. great post!!!

    check out my new post if you like! Part III

    vicky from HotGossip

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE THIS!!!

    stop by sometime i would love to see what you think!♥

    http://teteateteafashionconversation.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh I lovee this, as soon as I saw the McQueen collection I knew winter was going to be full of excesses! Can't eait for the weather to cool down and get out the fur, brocade and velvet :)

    Charlyx

    http://x-whatiworetoday-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so ready for autumn to get here! Summer in general usually leaves me feeling rather uninspired - probably because the heat is so miserable that I know I'm gonna feel like crap no matter what I do. Ready for layers! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou x a million you are all awesome.x